Friday 6 March 2015

Smoothies



I have been pretty obsessed with making smoothies recently. They taste SO good but more importantly are really good for you. Packing 3-5 different fruits/vegetables into one glass means your getting a yummy snack that provides you with at least one of your 5 a day and lots of vitamins and other good stuff! 
I like to buy a load of fresh/frozen fruit, chop it all up and put it into a big tub which I put in the freezer (as it keeps it fresher for longer) then whenever I want a smoothie just grab a hand full of whatever I've got in my tub and blitz it up (you will need to use the ice setting on your blender if your using frozen fruit).
You can use whatever fruit you have in your fruit bowl but my favourite combination at the moment is:
• 1 apple
• a handful of pineapple
• 2 handfuls of mango
• a handful of spinach 
• a few blueberries 
• a big glug of coconut water
Both spinach and coconut water are great to have in smoothies as they don't taste much so don't spoil the taste but have lots of vitamins and minerals in. Spinach is in it's best form when blitzed in a smoothie (apparently?).
Try having one smoothie a day and your skin and energy levels will thank you for it, mine certainly have. 

What's your favourite fruit smoothie combo? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...